We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions
You can do this now by filling out a booking enquiry form one of our team will be in touch in the next 24hrs.
1. Tell us about the event
We want to know the basic info (what/when/where) as well as the kind of music you’re into. If you have something specific in mind please let us know. You can do this by fill out a booking enquiry form
2.Options & Approval
We look at your event brief and put forward some entertainment options which may suit along with details on costing and special requirements. You tell us which one is your favourite then we get everyone’s availability confirmed.
Once we have full confirmation we will collect a booking deposit to secure the date. From there, you can consider the entertainment locked in and ready to perform at the event.
Once the band’s call time and performance time are established, we like to stick to the script. This being said, we do understand that events can be dynamic and we will try our best to accommodate any changes to a schedule. Noting:
- Additional hours to the artist’s call-time (earlier arrival or later departure) or additional performance time will attract additional fee.
- If the artist can accommodate changes to a schedule they will do so, no probs.
- If the artist is not able to accommodate last minute changes we can find a new act which may suit, however it may result in forfeiture of booking deposit. Also see
[Cancellations: What happens if I cancel my booking?]
It is an industry term used to describe when the time or number of hours the artist is on-site and available to the event.
Industry term for the meal refreshments allocated to the performers. Whilst we do hear of some crazy riders. These are arranged to get the best performance from the artist. Rider is supplied at the cost of the event/client.
- If the artist is contracted for 3hrs+ AND the event is catered. Hot meals and refreshments are required.
- If the artist is contracted less than 3hrs or the event is not catered refreshments only are required.
- Alcoholic refreshments are not necessary but usually greatly appreciated by the artists and helpful when setting a festive or party mood.
Most acts we work with will travel domestically or internationally for performance. We can assist with the logistics of travel/accommodation. Just let us know for more details.
Artists we work with are all full-time professional acts. There will likely be an event coming up near you. Reach out to us on the contact page and we’ll give you their upcoming dates.
Our artists specialise in crowd-pleasing covers. However, everyone has their own flavour. Please reach out at our contact page to get a copy of the band’s most recent repertoire. From there, you’re welcome to highlight any songs that you would like played at the event.
Firstly check in on the band’s repertoire (see previous point). If the band knows a song, they will happily play it for you. If the band doesn’t know a song, they will need to learn it. You want the band to be confident playing your favourite song so they will need to rehearse.
Professional bands pick the mood of the room and deliver songs to suit. Micro-managing their setlist or curveball requests on the day can be counter-productive so if you have very specific needs and timings of songs, please do let us know early in the piece so we can try to accommodate.
Everybody’s different, So here are 3 ways to find fun fast!
1) Do it yourself - If you’d like, the site is ready for you. Search, Watch & Listen now and find the fun! Create a shortlist. Tell us your preference booking enquiry form, we’ll do the rest.
2) A sommelier's pairing - tell us about yourself, your guests, your favourite music. We’ll be able to point you in the right direction. Simply email us and we can get the conversation started.
3) Your Big Day - tell us a little about your event, we can give our professional opinion as to what kinds of music works. If there are any Buttermint artists may work well we can put them forward as an option.
- Bank Deposit / Credit card - Details supplied on Invoice
- COD - Cash is always welcome and can be paid on day of event.
To reserve an act for your event we require a booking deposit (20% of the total fee). The remaining 80% is due week-of-event. Once that is received:
- If the event is cancelled for any reason, booking deposit is withheld
- In the unlikely event of the act (band/DJ/artist) become unavailable (for any reason). Booking deposit is refunded in full to the client.